viernes, 16 de julio de 2010

Don't know if I should be elated or start preparing the bushes

Habréis visto en algunas páginas de referencia una entrevista con The Goddess en la que habla del rodaje de la escena de la tienda. En realidad, es parte de una entrevista muuuucho más larga, la que concedió a Twifans y en la que cuenta lo que piensa de Angryward, el not-shiny-not-silver-Volvo, elegir aquello por lo que hay que pelear en las películas, su papel como productora en BD, su presencia a diario en el rodaje...
Por más que me tire de los pelos con algunas cosas, siempre tendré a la Meyer en un pedestalito...y después de esta entrevista ya no sé si ponerme a aplaudir como una loca por su implicación en BD o ir preparando los matorrales para esconderla durante el rodaje de ciertas *winks* escenas...


Alison: Why do you think the fandom thinks Angry Edward is SO hot?

SM: Ya know it’s funny about this scene, and Meghan’s giving me the eye. That’s the one I walked out on, on the dailies because in my head that scene was so much different. In the movie Edward is quite separate motivation-ally from the book Edward. At this point in the film in the story for me he’s gotten past this. Like he’s realized “I can’t act like a teenage boy anymore. I have to give her space. I have to be the mature one here.” And in that scene in the book, he has, icy calm control. He is very gentle. He is very soft spoken. He is very mature. So when I see him….and plus ya know, the movies are unable to bring to life some of the elements in the mythology. If Edward had, in anger, grabbed Jacob by the shoulder, his arm would have come off. And the fact that Taylor is uninjured, and that he just kind of sits there…..bothered me. So I'm like…wait! If we are gonna go for it, tear his arm off. Ya know. And it’s hard for them, because blood puts you over the limit and stuff, and they would not tear off Jacob’s arm. I’m like….if we want angry Edward, I wanna see some blood. They had already filmed that day, so we couldn’t redo it but, people have responded really well to it.

Kim: That is the thing because it is different than the book.

Alison: He's as close to a vampire as we’ve seen him, because he was so restrained.

SM: And restraint is pretty much his middle name. And we don’t have the scene early in the book, where she comes back from La Push, and he’s like “are you trying to make me insane?” He really lost it. We don’t have that evolution where he goes overboard. We have a little bit, the battery disabling. Which is really over the line, and then he’s supposed to learn and he’s supposed to stop. By that point, we’re so far in, it’s like….”why is he still acting like this?” But okay, it is hot…I’ll give you that.

*Por cierto, hay una encuesta en la entrada sobre qué versión prefieres, la del libro o la de la película y hay casi casi un empate, ganando por muy poco la del libro ;) (No necesito deciros la que ha votado aquí, la purista...)
Entera a continuación, es larga pero muy buena

BELLA LEAVING WITH JACOB ON THE MOTORCYCLE

Alison: This is the only disruption in the force so far. The motorcycle clips. Where Bella gets on the motorcycle with Jacob. Our members wanna know, they don’t think that book Bella would have done that, would have ever hurt Edward like that.

SM: I have heard, I have read the comments, and I said the exact same thing. That was one of those days that I flew down. I'm like the way that this you know in the script I said the way that this is written her getting on the back of the bicycle is a direct response here "You lied to me, well I’m going with him” & we were able the day of, they cut down the clip that they played for MTV and stuff, we were able to soften it. We were able to get some lines in and you’ve seen the whole thing, so you know there’s a breakaway we tried to put in….her response to Edward, and then now it becomes about Jacob. “Why haven’t you called me?” We tried as hard as we could to soften, how that went down so it didn’t feel like, something “Well, I’m gonna go get on the back of his motorcycle” because I felt like that was NOT Bella at all & it's not assertive, it’s rude. You know what I mean. It’s not like….

Alison: It’s too reactionary

SM: It’s not like, “I’m a strong female character” It’s like “I’m a jerk”

Alison: We were mad at movie Bella. (Laughs) Book Bella and I were okay, but movie Bella & I were like uh.

SM: That was more or less my same reaction. I think that in the form that it exists in the film……its better now. I think it works somewhat. I still think it’s kind of a stretch that she would do that. You only have so much you can do. That was one I lost. Early in I lost that one. You do what you can do.

Alison: They’ll be happy you agree!

CHOOSING WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO FIGHT FOR IN THE MOVIES & STEPHENIE TALKS ROB

When do you choose your battles? In seeing the movie and the book. You have the book, they have a vision. They throw out a line, and you’re like “They would have never
said that”

SM: It’s really difficult. Because you do have to choose which ones you won’t bow down on. And I know that even when I really say “Okay, I cannot live with that” It’s still 1 out of 10 I’ll get it. When I really throw a fit. Which is rare. It is really rare because I realize ya know, they’re making a movie. When they come to me for advice, I’m happy say things. There are very few things that I will….and its things that just feel so wrong, that there’s no other way. And some of them are such small little things that, like with the…(?) we were talking about. A lot of that was (?) related. It’s harder than you would
think. It’s funny. Some things you take for granted in movies. And it’s amazing how difficult
some things are to do. One of the reasons we were back there was because, there was one blocking issue I had. And nobody else cared, but for me, it was such a key blocking thing. It physically had to look this way. That one, I was like “I really have to have this. I can’t see this like this” & everyone was like really?


Alison: All the fans would have cared. Not one fan would have been happy with that.

Kim: Was that with the tent scene?

Alison: We heard he was sitting up, and……now. La,la,la….he’s laying down.

SM: Lying down, no that’s not it

Alison: Oh, okay

SM: It’s when they are in the sleeping bag together. How do you visualize that?

Alison: Sexy hot

SM: In the original

TST: Don’t ruin the surprise

SM: That’s the expectation

Alison: The surprise would have been, what it was

SM: The one thing I scheduled my whole schedule around in Eclipse was I had to be there for
the tent scene was number one. That was on the calendar. And I had the other scenes in
order of priority, and I had those dates booked. I was already going to Vancouver and they had a weather problem. They filmed it when I wasn’t there. So I’m like “Okay, I’m not gonna panic.” But in the original version, Jacob gets into the sleeping bag (whispers) and doesn’t touch her.


Alison: Like just his legs are gonna keep her warm from the bottom of the sleeping bag?

*chatter*

SM: It’s impossible to keep someone warm when doing that. And then you have the extra added thing. This is the girl he is in love with and he’s in a sleeping bag with her….I mean, come on. I was just
like, “what…why aren’t you touching her? Why isn’t he touching her?” People are going to freak out.


Alison: Everybody would have freaked out

SM: It doesn’t make sense that he would do that and you’d sit there and say “why? He’s supposed to be warming her up, right?” Even if you had no baggage from reading the books, you would still have the same reaction.

Alison: It’s almost like…..common sense (a bunch of mumbling) It’s great now!

*chatter*

Kim: The re-shoot worked. It was great. The emotion that was in the book was in that scene.

SM: It was interesting, because the original script for it, I was fine with but then they tweaked the script because they felt like one part of the conversation got a lot more in depth in the original we kind of already knew. You know, you have the whole rehash when Edward’s talking about “when I first met her” and they pulled that and instead went with the later part of the scene where Jacob’s like “how did you cope?” And I think the emotionality of it just went through the roof.

Kim: The dialogue between Rob and Jake, I mean Edward and Jacob

Alison: And it was so long, and I loved how long it was

SM: Yeah! I love that they just let it happen. I think that, that was Rob’s best day of shooting.
It was so funny, did you guys hear all the rumors about the problems? Rob was only supposed to be there for the last day. The first two were Jacob and Bella scenes where the wig had been a problem. The last day was the tent was the tent and that was it & it was a pretty easy shoot. The only problem for that day was that Kristen had the stomach flu and luckily, she was supposed to lay there, but between every like scene, oh, she was so sick. And Taylor, he was over digging around, grabbing garbage cans. Why is Taylor taking the garbage? Takes them over there so she could puke in them.
It was so sweet. Everybody was taking care of her and everything, but it was a hard day. You look at actors and a lot of people are like “I wanna be an actor” it's so hard and then to sit there. She’s wanting to puke and she's all feverish, and she’s having to do the shivering. She was a work horse that day. That was our only drama was that poor Kristen got sick, and I think it was food poisoning. But it was a great shoot. It was one of those days where at the end you're like “We really killed it today! It's gonna be great!" It was a great day.


HOW SHE WILL OVERSEE ALL THIS AS A PRODUCER IN 'BREAKING DAWN'

Alison: What made you decide to put the producer hat on for Breaking Dawn? And what do you think you’ll bring to that last movie?

SM: I don’t think it’s gonna change that much. I do feel like, I mean Breaking Dawn is tricky. It’s real tricky. Now, I feel like we have more of a handle on it. Because the script and with Bill Condon. I am more calm, but originally, I was very much on the fence. Maybe we shouldn’t make this into a movie, ya know. Some things can’t be made into a movie and come across exactly the right way. So it was a big struggle for me to go forward. I knew it would disappoint a lot of people, and that was really one of the main instances, that people would be like “What?” I didn’t want to disappoint people. So I was concerned. And still my plan was and still is, to be there every day. And so as the producer, can do that. So it’s really a lot about being….in the room. And it’s going to be a lot of upheaval in my life, but I felt like it was important. And then also, it’s the last one. So I kinda feel like, I’m going to commit to this for this year, I’ll get it done, and then I won’t do that again.

(laughs)

SM: And then also. I get to be more involved with it. Ya know, I think we will have a little more of the same music, which will be a big deal. Instead of hearing about the decisions afterward. We will be there when they are being made. That’s gonna help. With Eclipse, I was pretty much, right on the line with producing. I was very much involved with the script and a lot of the choices. So it’s not a huge difference, but it’ll be really, an interesting experience.

Kim: Well we breathed a sigh of relief when we heard you were producing.

SM: I don't know if those sighs are a little bit premature. I’m not sure that there will be that much more that I can do. um…..but, I keep fighting. I can’t quite make myself give up, so.

Alison: We do appreciate it.

SM: They can’t be exactly like the book. So it’s about having those key things that can make it, have that feel of the book. They have really done a really great job and not all of it I get right away, because for me it’s like “no, keep it closer to the story”. Then I have to say. “Okay, this is a good alternate” but it has it’s merits…..like angry Edward. It wasn’t in the book, and yet….that has a lot of value for you. There are things that they’re able to do that I can’t do. It’s a nice little compliment. And like Taylor and the love for Jacob. That’s a good thing. A good thing



Gracias Twifans

4 comentarios:

  1. Qué largo, no he leido todo pero es que se me quitan las ganas...o yo lo entiendo mal (tengo la tele de fondo y me cuesta centrarme) pero la Meyer no la veo conforme con los cambios, y dig yo, ¿porqué ha aceptado a ellos? Solo tengo una respuesta posible==> $$$$ Y esto hace que me mosquee y mucho. Yo quería ver Eclipse en película, no la versión que ha querido enseñar el estudio.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Sí, es muy larga, he resaltado lo que me parece más interesante a ve si así no da tanto pa'trás...lo que dices Is, yo creo que es delicado. Ellos tienen los derechos de la película y podrían hacerla pasando de ella totalmente. Lo que pasa es que saben que el éxito depende de la fidelidad a los libros, los fans se les echarían encima, así que la Meyer es su gran baza. Pero ella no puede imponerse, sino intentar luchar por las cosas que le parece que están realmente mal y merecen la pena, como dice.
    En BD es distinto porque han tenido que negociar a parte y ella les ha hecho sudar tinta. No por la pasta, ella está podrida de dinero a estas alturas, sino porque es muy difícil de llevara a la pantalla. Ya lo dice en la introducción del libro, que a lo mejor ha hecho algo que no se puede traducir en una película (cuando sale BD justo se estrenaba Twilight) pero que sentía que la historia debía ser exactamente así y no le importaba nada más.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Vale Opsa, me pongo en modo "comprensible" por un momento... le echo ahora la culpa a Suckmit...¿por qué, sabiendo lo que ya saben después de las dos primeras pelis, hacen esta guarrada con Eclipse? Saben que la gente quiere ver literalmente la historia de los libros y saben que vamos a ir al cine, tan difícil es hacer las cosas bien?? Más complicado tiene que ser pensar en cambiar cosas y buscar que encajen. No puede ser por dinero porque saben que lo van a recuperar lo invertido con beneficios, tampoco puede ser porque sea difícil de llevar a la pantalla así que lo que me queda es dejadez y cabrear a los fans. De BD entiendo que haya dificultades para que lo veamos todo y lo asumo pero lo de Eclipse no lo perdono...

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Yo creo que simplemente no tienen ni idea. Se han leído los libros pero no son verdaderos fans de la historia y sólo piensan en lo que puede ser comercial, no en lo que es intocable...

    ResponderEliminar

Man's Evolution