domingo, 24 de enero de 2010

Interviews with Kristen at Sundance

Recopilatorio de los breves trocitos de entrevistas que han salido hasta ahora

Versión de MTV, mejor que la anterior, gracias KStewDevotee



"I talked to a few girls who were working in a little, really dingy bar off Bourbon Street [in New Orleans] that we ended up shooting in, In an odd way, they all have sort of the same story…. I did a little bit of dancing stuff, but that wasn't really the bulk of the prep."

"It's about understanding who you're playing and you have a responsibility because you feel like you can't let them down, [My character] really became a part of me. I haven't felt so personally involved in something. If I sort of flippantly played some stripper—there are some lines I thought were really funny in the movie—I think that's good, but at the same time, I didn't want to make something superficial."

"I didn't want a bunch of people who had run away from their homes, or wherever they ran away from, look at this and go, 'This girl doesn't know what she's talking about,' " Stewart said. "That was scary."



Everyone is raving about your performance—how did you prepare for this particular, shall we say, slightly more risqué role?

"Umm, Jake [Scott, the director] had a lot to do with my preparation and understanding of the type of person I was playing, and his serious regard of sensitivity towards those people. I play a girl who has sort of been stripped of any choice and really stripped of any normal upbringing. Like she couldn't establish who she was because of things that have happened to her and she became a 'working girl,' if you want to call it that.

"So in preparing for the role I talked to a lot of people, actually like three people in New Orleans, that were strippers that were working in this bar that we ended up using in the movie...I don't really prepare for anything, it's just about like, keeping it in your mind the whole time. If it affects you...it's just about understanding it more, it's not about having to like physically—oh, but I did have to do pole dancing lessons! But you don't really see that in the movies."

Oh, so you've got some sexy skills now!

"Yeah yeah."

Do you get nervous when you have to shoot the more provocative scenes?

"I was freaking out! The thing is my character is so, like, she just doesn't care. Basically nothing belongs to her. She'll give it to you like it doesn't bother [her]. So I had to drop that. She literally walks around with an open sore. Literally! She's just constantly like, 'Ugh, I'm fine, whatever.'"

Now that you're getting back to work, please tell us you were able to enjoy your time off after all the New Moon press.

"Yeah, I'm actually bored for the first time in, like, ever. So, yeah, I really want to get back to work."


"I did some pole dancing," Stewart told me Saturday at the movie's premiere at the Sundance Film Festival. "I got bruises all over my legs. I tore myself up doing it. It sucked."

Oddly enough, she kinda enjoyed it. "The more I saw it, the more I wanted it," Stewart said. "It was like a weird self-hating kind of thing."

Yikes!

Director Jake Scott said it was pretty much a closed set when Stewart had to do her dancing scenes.

"She was terrified," Scott said. "The strip club we shot in was really a club, and it really was that dirty and really that tough. But she killed it."

Scott also hooked Stewart up with a professional stripper. "She's like one of the best in the business," he said. "So she was really reliable and didn't do drugs or anything like that, but she was able to introduce Kristen to girls that were. She was able to put her in that world."

But if you're expecting Showgirls moves from Stewart, you can forget about it."This is not about a stripper," Scott said. "It's about a damaged child."

Stewart said, "The cool thing about my character is she is not sultry and she is not sexy."


Y aquí, un minivídeo con una pequeña (y suertuda) fan


Gracias por todo a Twifans y a nuestras TOMs

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Man's Evolution