lunes, 21 de septiembre de 2009

I Belong to You: More Details About Muse's Contribution New Moon Soundtrack

MTV ha sacado este artículo en el que los de Muse confirman que han hablado ya con Chris Weitz y la canción que quiere es "I Belong to You" de su último álbum The Resistance. Al parecer, también les ha pedido si pueden versionarla de alguna manera porque el director quiere que sea algo exclusivo para la película y los de Muse están de acuerdo porque no es uno de los temas principales del disco sino de los más raros -lo describen como una especie de vaudeville- y de los más oscuros, así que no creen que pudieran tocarlo en vivo muy a menudo.

Después de oírla me parece per-fec-ta (incluso me mojaría diciendo que es versión Edward). Chris Weitz te quiero!


Aquí tenéis la letra:
When these pillars get pulled down,
It will be you who wears the crown,
And I'll owe everything to you

How much pain has cracked your soul?
How much love would make you whole?
You're my guiding lightning strike

I can't find the words to say,
But they're overdue,
I've traveled half the world to say,
I belong to you

Then she attacks me like a Leo,
When my heart is split like Rio,
But, I assure you my debts are real

I can't find the words to say,
When I'm confused,
I've traveled half the world to say,
You are my mu

(Ah! Réponds à ma tendresse,
Verse-moi, verse-moi l'ivresse,
Réponds à ma tendresse,
Réponds à ma tendresse,
Ah! Verse-moi l'ivresse,
Verse-moi, verse-moi l'ivresse,
Réponds à ma tendresse,
Réponds à ma tendresse,
Ah! Verse-moi l'ivresse,
I belong,
I belong to you alone)

Use,
I can't find the words to say,
But they're overdue,
I've traveled half the world to say,
I belong to you

La parte en francés no puedo traducirla muy bien, es algo así como "responde a mi ternura" y el resto no consigo cuadrarlo con nada que tenga sentido, pero está claro que son expresiones de cariño y esa parte es in-creíble.

Aquí tenéis el artículo de MTV:

Singer Matt Bellamy revealed: “I spoke to [Chris Weitz] yesterday (and) he wants the track I Belong To You, the sort of vaudeville piano track.

“He wants a rendition of that but the only thing with the new film is they want the songs to be exclusive to the film. So he’s asking if I mind doing, or if we mind doing an alternative version of it.”

Asked if they were up for it Matt said: “I think it’s alright- if it was one of the main tracks on the album I would never do it. But it’s actually one of the weirder tracks on the album.

“(It’s) one of the can't believe we got away with it kind of tracks. I think it might be worth giving it a go cos it’s a track that might not get played live very often… one of the obscure tracks off the album so it might give that track some life that it wouldn’t have otherwise.”

Muse’s hit
Supermassive Black Hole featured in the first Twilight film- giving the three piece exposure in the States.

Dom from the band said: “It’s opened it up in some kind of way, millions of people
listening to Supermassive Black Hole that have probably never heard our band before- which is not a bad thing.”

He added: “They have all gone bloody vampire mad over there seriously, it’s crazy!”


Esto también sería para "Song of the week", guau ;)
Gracias Twicrack!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Man's Evolution