miércoles, 23 de septiembre de 2009

Commenting New Moon Soundtrack

Apenas conocemos dos canciones pero ya nos encanta. Y no sólo porque vaya a ser la banda sonora de New Moon, sino porque no gustan muchos de los grupos que participan. Como dicen en Twitarded:

I am THRILLED with this soundtrack!!! I don't know all of the bands, but I adore the ones I know and am really looking forward to listening to it when it's released and getting familiar with the others. I tend to get into ruts with music, so once this comes out, I will listen to it non-stop for quite some time. I did the same thing with the soundtrack to Twilight, and I didn't even adore most of the bands on it all that much. Don't get me wrong - I listen to it a LOT. And enjoy it! But I listen to it a lot because it's part of Twilight. It's "love by association," if you will... I realized this a while ago when I was trying - and failing miserably - to explain to Mr. Snarky that I hadn't suddenly become Paramore's #1 fan and that I loved their song's association to the movie most of all. If that makes sense (er, I don't think it did to Mr. Sanrky, but you all might get it). So I probably would have liked/tolerated/listened to just about any soundtrack they'd created, but THIS one really ups the ante and includes some fantastic acts that are sure to deliver the goods. And we try to be reasonably diplomatic here at Twitarded (believe it or not! it's true!) but I am heaving a tremendous sigh of relief that nobody who was ever on American Idol is included. If Justin whatever-the-hell-his-name-is had weaseled his way onto this soundtrack, I would have had a full-on hold-my-breath-'til-I-turn-blue, toddler-worthy tantrum. And I'm not even that much of an indie rock snob.

Once again, I have to say thank you, Chris Weitz (and everyone else who picked the tracks)!!!

Además, tenemos un poquito más de información (cuándo podremos oír todas las canciones??) MTV ha publicado esta entrevista con los chicos de Muse en la que describen su último álbum, The Resistance, del que sale la increíble "I Belong to you".

Muse's Matthew Bellamy and Dominic Howard

* Desde Spain no consigo que el vídeo se vea pero en la página de USA (aquí) se ve sin problemas. Lo que dice el batería, Dominic Howard es esto:

"I think it's quite a departure from what we've done in the past, There's lots of different styles of music that we tried out. There's different styles of music that we feel like we've never come across before. And, well ... we've got a big symphony on there. It's a three-part symphony right at the end of the album, which is this very kind of, like, ambitious, very orchestral huge piece of music which is a pretty hard task to take on, but ended up sounding great."
"We did a song called 'Undisclosed Desires,' which is very kind of programmed and much more electronic-sounding than anything we've ever done before," he said. "And we produced it all by ourselves as well, so I think for that it sounded very, very personal and also gave us a chance to feel very comfortable to experiment with all these ideas and ... you know, somehow we finished it."

También han entrevistado a Annie Clark (St. Vicent) que canta a dúo con Bon Iver "Roselyn"(no puedo esperar a oír esa canción!!)

Y EW entrevista a los de Hurricans Bells (no tengo el gusto), que cuentan cómo compusieron "Monsters"

Que alguien entrevista a The Killers!!! Por favooooooor!

Vía examiner.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Man's Evolution